Frequently Asked Questions
What types of companies can be formed in the UAE?
- Limited liability company (LLC)
- Free zone company
- Public joint stock company
- Private joint stock company
- Branch of a foreign company
What are the requirements for forming a company in the UAE?
- A valid trade license
- Approval from the relevant government authorities
- A minimum number of shareholders or partners
- Registration with the Chamber of Commerce
- A Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association
How long does it take to form a company in the UAE?
- The time it takes to form a company in the UAE can vary depending on the type of company and the jurisdiction in which it is being formed. On average, it can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks to complete the process.
What are the costs associated with forming a company in the UAE?
- Trade license fees
- Government fees
- Legal and professional fees
- Office space rental
- Initial capital requirements
Are there any restrictions on foreign ownership in UAE companies?
- Restrictions on foreign ownership vary depending on the type of company and the jurisdiction in which it is being formed. In general, the foreign ownership percentage is limited to 49% in mainland companies and 100% in free zone companies.